Liverpool Libraries are running a series of Robinson Crusoe themed events in community libraries and organisations as part of our BBC Novels that Shaped our World partnership with libraries. These events include digital making sessions using digitised watercolours, Sonic Pi sessions to create sound effects, and 3D animation. They will host a multi cultural arts performance at Liverpool Central Library and work with BBC Radio Merseyside, local artists and digital agencies to deliver the series.
The series will target very deprived areas of the city such as Toxteth, Norris Green and Kirkdale, and minority ethnic and refugee communities. Events include:
- An evening of poetry, performance, storytelling and dance aimed
- A Felt Fridays workshop where you can laser cut your own Man Fridays
- Radio Merseyside's Desert Island Day
- Love in the library: Speed dating books
- Love that Friday feeling Discover Library
- A poetry and performance workshop
- Digital Desert Islands during the half term.